Hawkeye Sales Layaway Terms
Here are the new terms for layaway at Hawkeye Sales in Le Roy.
- Any firearm that is in stock (in regular inventory, which may include both new and used or surplus firearms) at my Le Roy location may be placed on layaway, with the exception of guns that are being sold on consignment. I will do my best to state within gun listings whether the gun is a consignment sale or a regular inventory sale. Guns on the "Long Guns in Stock" page and the "Handguns in Stock" page may be placed on layaway.
- All firearms in stock at Hawkeye Sales are subject to prior layaway or sale. Every attempt is made to keep internet listings current, but the Hawkeye Sales website and any firearms-related websites may be out of date, so contact Hawkeye Sales to determine item availability.
- The total price shown on the Hawkeye Sales website, or on any website that lists guns being sold by Hawkeye Sales, is not assumed to include any potential shipping charges, should the firearm need to be shipped. Shipping charges will be paid by the buyer and will vary by the firearm's size, weight, and value, and by where the firearm is being shipped. Firearms will be shipped only to an FFL, and any transfer fees are the responsibility of the buyer. Sales tax will be collected from Illinois residents, in accordance with state and local laws. (The firearm prices on this website do not include sales tax, so sales tax will be added. Listings for our firearms on other sites may include sales tax - see the listings for details.)
- Only one firearm per customer may be placed on layaway at any given time.
- The firearm placed on layaway is the one the buyer will receive once the final payment has been made and any applicable waiting period has been observed. It will be that firearm transferred to the buyer - not another firearm of the same model nor a different model of equivalent value.
- The buyer making the down payment is the person who must make subsequent installment payments and ultimately take possession of the firearm once all payments have been made. Straw purchases are illegal and will not be tolerated.
- Payments, including the down payment, may be made by cash, check, money order, or credit card. If paying by mail, do not send cash in the mail.
- The down payment to place a firearm on layaway is 20% of the total cost, including sales tax, of the firearm. The down payment is non-refundable. The down payment may not be switched from one firearm to another.
- Once a down payment has been placed, the buyer will have 90 days to pay off the balance, with the following minimum payment amounts and payment frequency applied: At least one-third of the total balance must be paid by the end of the first 30 days. At least two-thirds of the total balance must be paid by the end of 60 days. Each payment will have its own receipt provided to the buyer and will include the remaining balance to be paid. The full balance must be paid by the end of 90 days. There is no penalty for paying off the balance early.
- Even though the down payment is non-refundable, subsequent installment payments will be refunded if the layaway agreement is canceled by the buyer. Hawkeye Sales will have 90 days to refund any eligible payments to the buyer.
- All firearms-related laws (federal, state, and local) will be followed. As stated earlier, straw purchases will not be tolerated. Do not attempt to place a firearm on layaway if you cannot legally possess a firearm or if that particular firearm is not legal to own where you live. Long guns will not be sold or transferred to a person under the age of 18. Handguns will not be sold or transferred to a person under the age of 21.
- If a firearm is on auction and a customer wishes to place it on layaway, the firearm will be removed from auction and may be placed on layaway, as long as no bids have been registered. If one or more bids have been placed on the firearm, the auction must be allowed to complete. Hawkeye Sales' firearms auctions typically run for 7 days at a time. If the desired item with bids does not sell (for instance, if the reserve auction price has not been met), the item will not be relisted on auction and may be placed on layaway at that time.
- Guns listed by Hawkeye Sales on its main website and on non-auction selling sites will be marked as "Sale Pending" on those sites, once placed on layaway but not yet paid in full. Those firearms will be removed from the Hawkeye Sales website and either removed or marked as "Sold" on any other websites on which they appear, once the firearm is paid in full.